A Unique Cycling Holiday in the South of France
Stay in a traditional French farmhouse and cycle the quiet roads of the Occitanie (Languedoc-Roussillon) region with an experienced cyclist as your host.
Discover the magic of exploring the picturesque landscapes of this region on two wheels, under your own pedal power. Whether you are a sporty cyclist or a touring cyclist, whether you love strenuous mountain climbs or are happier on the flat, there is a wealth of exciting routes to choose from, which are safe and, often, almost traffic-free!
Come and experience a wonderful cycling holiday. Stay in my stunning stone farmhouse, surrounded by vineyards, near the pretty village of Paraza, which lies on the banks of the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Canal du Midi.
Your Home Base
Where to find us
The guesthouse is situated close to Paraza, a small village that lies on the banks of the Canal du Midi in the region now known as Occitanie (Languedoc-Roussillon).
- Carcassonne (CCF) (www.aeroport-carcassonne.com) : 45-minute drive
- Beziers Cap d'Agde airport (BZR) (www.beziers.aeroport.fr) : 50-minute drive
- Montpellier-Méditerranée airport (MPL) (www.montpellier.aeroport.fr) : 70-minute drive
- Toulouse-Blagnac airport (TLS) (www.toulouse.aeroport.fr) : 90-minute drive
Closest train stations:
- Narbonne (www.renfe-sncf.com) : 30-minute drive
- Beziers (www.renfe-sncf.com) : 45-minute drive
- Lezignan (www.renfe-sncf.com) : 15-minute drive
What is included?
Package deals between 1 and 2 weeks, which may better suit your cycling group's needs, can be arranged on request. If your group would like to eat at the guesthouse on some of the evenings, catering can be arranged at 25€ per person for a tasty two-course meal with wine or you can self-cater if you wish.
- 7/14 nights in Cycle d'Oc guesthouse in double room with en-suite facilities
- Home-cooked welcoming dinner on night of arrival
- Daily Continental breakfasts
- Daily supply of snacks/drinks for the rides (cereal bars, dried fruit etc.)
- First 2 days guided rides (extra guided rides can be arranged)
- Detailed maps of the chosen daily routes
- Organising and cost of bike hire.
- Concierge service for booking outings, transport, restaurants etc
- Use of the kitchen and sitting rooms, pool, outdoor facilities, parking
- Bike storage/washing
- Laundering of cycling kit
- Free WiFi
What is not included
- International/domestic flights
- Transport to and from the guesthouse (concierge service is available)
- Travel and medical insurance
- Alcohol drinks at the guesthouse
- Personal expenses
- 30% deposit on booking by bank transfer/Paypal.
- Payment of the balance 6 weeks before arrival by bank transfer/Paypal.
- Forfeiture of the 30% deposit if cancellation of your booking.
Per Cyclist sharing200€ single supplement
Per Cyclist sharing300€ single supplement